Goddess Glow Airbrush Tanning
|Goddess Glow (single tan)||$35|
|Face, neck & chest||$28|
Caring for your tan to dos, and don’ts!
Before Your Tan
- Within eight hours prior to your tanning session, exfoliate with an oil-free product, paying special attention to dry areaslike your feet, knees and elbows. Fake Bake recommends our in shower Passion fruit Body Polish exfoliate, which will be available for purchase at Avantika. We also carry exfoliating wipes that can be used in Spa.
- Remove all toiletries such as makeup, deodorant or lotions. These products can block the airbrush tanning solution and may negatively affect your tan’s development.
- We advise using our pre-tan exfoliating wipes, which removes oils and residues from your skin in addition to ph-balancing your skin in preparation for the tanning treatment.
- Shave within 24 hours before the tanning treatment. Use a sharp razor blade to remove as much hair as possible.
- Wax 24-28 hours prior to spray tanning session.
- Bring in dark swimwear or undergarments for the actual tanning session. Don’t bring your best pair.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing when you come in, including flip flops. Tight straps and clothing can affect the tan.
- Remove jewelry and contact lenses before beginning
During your treatment
- Dark swimsuits or old underwear are ideal for tanning in. Our solutions should wash out of clothing easily, though they tend to stain synthetic materials such as light nylon. If need be, we have disposable underwear for you to use.
- Protect your lips with lip balm. We have lip balm available for purchase should you need it.
- Use our disposable ear plugs, nose plugs and face masks.
After your Treatment!
Your technician will dry you after your session. You may still be a bit tacky.
Do not wear tight-fitting clothes or undergarments, as this will cause the solution to rub off your skin.
- To give the tanning solution enough time to work, avoid showering, exercising and other ways of sweating or getting wet (such as washing your hands or even letting your dog lick you!) for eight hours. When you do shower, the cosmetic bronzer will wash off. Don’t worry! This is not your tan.
- Hydrated skin will maintain a tan far longer than dry skin, so be sure to moisturize daily. This is key to maintaining a healthy tan.
- If you’re going to be in the sun, use sun block with an SPF.
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths and harsh scrubbing, and pat your skin dry.
- Keep a towel handy in case the cosmetic bronzer comes off before you can shower, such as in your car.
- When you sleep, use dark sheets or blankets, as some of the bronzer may rub off overnight.
Avoid The following please…
- Anti-aging and acne treatments (including skin bleaching cream, salicylic acid, microdermabrasion, serums and toners containing alcohol or witch hazel, Retin-A, skin bleaching cream and others) can cause tans to fade.
- Using loofahs, waxing, dull razor blades, bleaching, and other abrasive skin treatments and applications can fade your spray tan more quickly.
- Avoid hot tubs! The water and chemical mix in a typical hot tub will strip you of your tan in half an hour.
- Quick dips in pools and the ocean are OK, but extended swims can fade your tan.